Sunday, May 16, 2010

Awesome Author Challege - Wrap-Up Post



The Awesome Author Challenge is an interesting challenge hosted by Alyce at At Home With Books where you get to read works by three awesome authors you have been recommended to you but whom you have not got around to reading yet. This blog was only four days old when I decided to sign up for this challenge, and, not being sure if I was up to a challenge, I decided to do it at the Easy level which meant reading three new authors. The books I read for this challenge were:

1) Gallows View by Peter Robinson
2) The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
3) Cotillion by Georgette Heyer

I must say I am very glad I participated in this challenge. I loved all three books and hope to read more by all these authors. I was particularly impressed by Georgette Heyer whom I had postponed reading for years in spite of many recommendations. Cotillion was so witty and well-written, I can't wait to read more by Heyer.

Thanks, Alyce, for hosting this challenge and helping me get introduced to three great authors!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing this awesome challenge =) The Scarlet Pimpernel is a great book. Sir Percy is amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for completing the challenge! I'm glad you found some awesome authors in the process! The only author I've read from on your list is Georgette Heyer, and I liked her romances (not so much her histories though).

    ReplyDelete